One of the many reasons that make Indian food a popular choice among foodies across the world is the use of aromatic spices. Yes, it’s sometimes hot and spicy, but once you get past that, it’ll become difficult for you to resist the various kinds of curries and stir-fries that grace the Indian tables. Dishes made with Chicken are among those that’ll simply make you crave for more.
Here, we’ve provided a list of 7 must-try Indian chicken dishes. So, just keep reading!
- Butter Chicken – Unarguably, butter chicken is one of the most popular Indian chicken dishes. The dish is an instant favorite among Indians and foreigners alike. Planning to make this at home? Well, then you’d feel happy to know that it’s not at all difficult to prepare it. Marinated chicken is roasted and cooked in tomato puree, cream, and masala. Serve hot and enjoy the tender chicken with your friends or family members. Visit any trusted Indian restaurant in Colorado Springs and enjoy the taste of authentic butter chicken.
- Chicken Dum Biryani – This is yet another Indian chicken dish that has won the hearts of foodies all over the world. Nothing can beat the joy of eating the sumptuous chicken Biryani cooked with precision. Cooked slowly in a ‘Handi’ (traditional earthen bowl) using several spices, you shouldn’t miss tasting Chicken Dum Biryani at any cost.
- Teekha Murg – If you’re fond of eating spicy cuisines, you simply can’t miss out Teekha Murg. The tender chicken sauteed in fiery masalas and cooked in mustard oil with a tang of tomatoes, is a must-try for every chicken lover. So, don’t forget to try it with naan or tandoori roti.
- Kadhai Chicken – A mildly spicy recipe with a mélange of flavors, the Kadhai chicken is yet another must-try dish for every chicken lover. The method of cooking is also simple. Chicken pieces are seared along with bell peppers, tamarind, jaggery, lemon, and a homemade spice paste. Serve it hot and eat it with steamed rice or roti.
- Roasted Chicken Masala – Planning a party at home? Try making this dish! Chicken pieces are marinated in a host of spices and roasted till it turns brown. With the flavor of red chili, ginger-garlic, tandoori and peppercorn masala along with chaat masala and a tang of lime, this chicken recipe will surely wow your guests.
- Dahi Lasooni Chicken – If you’re looking to taste something out of the box, Dahi Lasooni Chicken is what you should try. Boneless chicken pieces are marinated in curd along with cashew nut paste, ginger-garlic and green chilies along with coriander infused with a host of spices. They are then grilled on charcoal until it turns browns in color.
- Punjabi Lemon Chicken – Punjabi Lemon Chicken, as the name suggests, is a tantalizing chicken recipe with a tangy kick of lemon. The succulent thighs cooked in a pool of spices and citrus juice of orange, lime, and sugarcane is a hot favorite among many chicken lovers. Serve it hot and try it with steamed rice to delight yourself.
- Methi Malai Cranberry Chicken – With a tang of cranberry puree and a pool of spices, the Methi Malai Cranberry Chicken is sure to tingle your taste buds. Cooked in a luscious cream gravy of yogurt, Methi Malai, cranberry chicken makes for a great dinner option.
- Al Hachi Chicken – Al Hachi Chicken is a Kashmiri Chicken that can take your dining experience to another level. Chicken pieces are cooked with bottle gourd and a host of spices such as cardamom, cinnamon, fennel seeds, ginger, chilies to give it a succulent taste.
So, here was our list of 9 Indian chicken dishes for dinner that you must try. Let us know in the comment section if you think we’ve missed out any important recipe.
Leave a Reply